The eight great Feasts in honor of our Lord and the four great Feasts in honor of His Mother taken together are called "The Twelve Great Feasts."
- September 8 - The Nativity of the Theotokos.
- September 14 - The Elevation of the Holy Cross.
- November 21 - The Presentation of the Theotokos.
- December 25 - Christmas (The Nativity of Christ).
- January 6 - Epiphany (The Baptism of Christ).
- February 2 - The Presentation of the Lord.
- March 25 - The Annunciation.
- The Sunday before Pascha (Easter), Palm Sunday.
- Forty Days after Pascha (Easter), The Ascension of the Lord.
- Fifty Days after Pascha (Easter), Pentecost.
- August 6 - The Transfiguration.
- August 15 - The Falling-asleep of the Theotokos.